Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Decadent Chocolate Ganache

You turned the tables on me the Sarah Vaughan & Count Basie version is the most swangennest thing I have ever heard. I made up that word,swangennest! Really tho listen to this ! There is nothing like this. This song is one of the first songs that really got me hip to Sarah Vaughan and I have been hooked ever since.

Soooo chocolate ganache time! I don't make this very often because it isn't really healthy, but I had some box cake that I wanted to use so I thought what the hey! Here's what you'll need:




I forgot that you to picture the 10oz of chocolate I used. I could've used less because I had more than enough ganache for 12 cupcakes.

1) Chop up the chocolate and put it over a double broiler, with the heat on medium. After the chocolate has begun to melt pour in a quarter if a cup of milk. Stir with a good wooden spoon really well. I like to use a combo of milk and heavy cream when doing this to cut back on the fat content.
2)Wait another 5 mins then use a half cup of heavy whipping cream,again stir really well. When it melts completely turn it off and remove it from the heat. Add in 2 teaspns butter,and 2 tblespns sugar. It will be a really thick ganache but thats what you want.



Let it cool for 10mins before you use it. If you are worried about a film forming on top place saran rap directly onto the ganache. I love this recipe because it makes for a thick ganache but but still thin enough that I can just dip the cupcakes right into it. I don't have to worry about spreading or using a knife or anything, just dip the cupcake and swirl. They will look like this:



Mmmmm yummo. This is something I will not be making very often....I couldn't stop licking the ganache...or the batter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up!