Sunday, April 24, 2011
He had been in about 3 different hospitals since December and he had a few health problems so his passing comes as now surprise to me.Anyhoo enough about the sad stuff, I wanna talk about some of the things I love about him:
1)He had been on oxygen for about 10yrs now, he & my grandmother still managed to come to all high school concerts,graduation and alll of that good stuff,nothing got in their way.
2) I didn't grow up going to church regularly,so I looked forward to easter sunday w/my grandparents. Getting up early,taking our dish to church for the breakfast after sermon. When we were little they would make an easter egg hunt just for us,it was such fun!
3) I was 18 yrs old in my very first apartment when I made my very own cake from scratch. That night I must have called him at least 5 times that night and he literally walked me thru that cake,and it was pure yumness!
4)The way that he laughed at me the very first time I'd made a corninsh hen and I'd told him I had washed it with soap & water. He and my grandma got a kick outta that.
5) When I switched my major in college and everybody just about hated me for it he said and I'll paraphrase cause this was a while ago " It doesn't matter what you do,I just want you to be happy and like what you do. He asked me was I happy and I said yes,he said "then thats what matters."
I am really gonna miss,never being able to bounce recipes off of him...but he didn't suffer and for that I'm grateful. I am so happy I was able to see him the last time I went home he will rest in peace. If I don't blog for a while please don't be concerned we should be back to our regularly scheduled program soon.
Good bye pop-pop, I miss you already and I'll always love you!
Friday, April 22, 2011
I"ll tell you the first time I had a calzone I was in high school. There was this place on he southwest side of Detroit called Amicci's and they were forever delivering to my HS.They had the best calzone's all slatheres in garlic butter yummers. Not to healthy but thats what HS is about,eating badly.When I went to college my love for calzones grew even more at this place called Bells and they had like whopper calzones. They're huge! Last night I made my own,here's what you'll need:
1)Clearly you will need to wash the shrooms and dry them,cut them in half. Drain the olives and cut them in half.Pour 1/2 c of feta and just give a few more chops.
2) On a different cutting board cut up the chicken breast.
3) On low high heat put down enough olive oil to cover the base of the pan.Begin to cook the chicken,after its been in for about 7 mins in go the shrooms.
Ok the dough said to use 1/2 c of warm water.You wont be needing a 1/2 cup a lil under that.Besides that is was business as usual.
Load up the calzone , you know I forgot to spray butter in the pan,but I didnt really have any problems getting out. After you have folded over the other side,this goes in the oven on 400 for 15mins. This gives you time to clean up the kitchen and watch some of The Office. Also gives you time to make a mixture of leftover feta,garlic pepper & olive oil to brush on the calzone when it comes out,looking like this.
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
It was really good yall, just the right amount of cayenne pepper gave it a nice edge. Looking back I should have but the onions and potatoes in at the same time...a few of the potatoes were a little over cooked. I enjoyed it though!
Saturday, April 16, 2011
3.Kamikaze...I love a good shot of kamikaze. I didnt start drinking until I was 21. I remember it was the first shot I had, and its been my shot of choice ever since. It's sweet and girlish but it gets where you need to go...if you know what I mean,hehehe.You can find the recipe here:
Kamikaze Shooter recipe
2. The amaretto sour, I like sweet drinks;I know I seem like a sugarholic but I'm really not.I love this because its kinda tangy,still sweet so you don't quite taste all the liquor your drinking and if its done right it will have a cherry in it!You can find the recipe here: How to make an Amaretto Sour: Cocktail Recipe | eHow.com
1.A white russian, I looove it and I always get it with no ice. Whenever I drink it I feel almost nutritious because it has milk in it,crazy right? This drink is a kicker because the buzz of the kahlua and the vodka creeps right up on you. It's the best! Here's the recipe:
White Russian Cocktail Recipe - How to Make a White Russian Mixed Drink
Thursday, April 14, 2011
Monday, April 11, 2011
Thursday, April 7, 2011
You knw whats weird? I don't like nuts,ever at all,unless its baklava.However my fav banana is the one with nuts & drk choc. They're really good. I still have a few left.
Monday, April 4, 2011
1)First you make the burger, the only things you'll need is well clearly the turkey,hand full cilantro, 2sm garlic cloves and a dash of salt and pepper. Do it with your hands,do it!
2) Pour some olive oil down on the grill and put the burger down. I put a sm frying pan on top to keep the burger from puffing up. You could also make a tiny well in the middle os the burger but that never works as well.