Friday, February 10, 2012

Homeade Herbed butter

 Today I have another Stevie Wonder song for ya'll. Love's In Need of Love today is one if Stevie Wonders most slept upon songs. You can find it on the album "Songs In the Key of Life". It's the best album that was ever created.Ever.


I had some fresh rosemary & sage in my fridge that I knew was going to go bad soon, and I really wanted to do something fun with it,so I made my very own herb butter. It is soo good,I've been putting it on my breakfast toast,and anything else I can get it on. The flavor is very rich and strong because I choose to use fresh herbs. I could go on about it forever,but I won't,here's what you'll need:

1 clove of garlic
1 tblspn sage
"          " rosemary
2 squirts lemon juice
1 dash salt
1.5 tblspns regular butter.

1.Chop all the herbs up really well then toss them into a mortar along with the butter,and begin to pestle them.




2. Get everything incorporated real well then add in the salt and lemon juice,then just mix it with a spoon.
3. Get saran wrap spoon the butter onto the wrap and roll it tightly,then but it in the freezer for about an hour,then let it live in the fridge for the rest of its life.



Yea not a great picture and not very attractive but it is an amazing butter,Ive used it on sandwiches and sauteing shrimp and the flavor is right on point!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up!