Saturday, February 4, 2012

Potato Fritters

Do you guys know that I've had this blog for over a year and I've never chosen a Stevie Wonder tune as song of the day. Well today is the day! That Girl  is in my opinion a dance tune. It's always been one of my favorites,the way the chords resolve into one another never ceases to amaze me. It's Stevie Wonder I'd expect nothing less!!

This recipe is incredibly time consuming,altogether it takes about 40 mins and there is alot of prepping and chopping involved. It's a mashed potato fritter,have you ever heard of that? When I looked for recipes on allrecipes.com and epicurious there were none,so i made this up. Using only one potato I got 9 fritters. Here's what you'll need:






Clearly you will need a potato. In the top pic we have,salt pepper,Chesapeake bay seasoning. The 2nd pic is 2 tblsspns chopped parmesan & asiago, an egg,2 grn onions and 2 slices turkey bacon.

1)Begin by boiling your potato and then mash when its ready. Use the boiling time to chop all other ingredients.
2) Get a big plate or charger and mix up the cheese's and a quarter of a cup of cornmeal



3) After the potato has been mashed efficiently add in the seasoning,already beaten egg, grn onions and bacon. Mix this very well.
4) Now begin to form this into patties, while simultaneously pouring olive oil to coat in a pan on low heat.
5) Mix the cornmeal mixture into the patties. Your hands will be a mess,have a damp and try towel nearby. Make sure the cornmeal is really covering the patty really well.



6)At this point your ready to begin frying. They only need about 4 mins on each side. Or you can be like me a burn a few....



These are the ones I didn't burn, chop up some extra grn onions for garnish on top. Your wondering whats in the sauce on the side aren't you?? Yess I feel your inquisitions! Here's what you'll need:
1/2 c ketchup
2.5 tblspns sugar
1 tblspn apple cider
2 shakes hot sauce
1 tblspn crushed red pepper. Mix well and there is the sauce. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up!