Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Chicken Curry in a hurry

A friend of mine recently asked me if I could go back to a certain period in time, what would it be? I replied, "somewhere between 1977 and 1983, because I love disco". I swear by the BeeGee's and Donna SummerYou should be Dancing might be my favorite disco jam. I don't understand most of the words but the beat is hott, and really we all should be dancing yeeaaa!

I love a good chicken curry. Always have always will, however its been a while since I've had any. I knew I was going to be pretty hungry when I got back from my rehearsal sunday, so befor I left I began defrosting the chicken so that when I got back home I could go right to work. The whole thing only actually took about 30 mins. Chicken curry is usually something that takes much more time,it has to cook then simmer. I have created this quick fast and in a hurry recipe for folks who dont have much time. Here's what you'll need.





From L-R,we have a tblspn chopped cilantro,1/4th c sliced onions,tspn and a half minced or grated ginger and 2 chicken cutlets diced.

1) I used 1.5 c's rice,boil it microwave,or whatever you do,set it aside.
2) Your going to need olive oil,I forgot to picture that, get a saute pan pour enough olive oil to coat on low heat. In goes the onions and ginger,when the ginger begins to get a little brown pour in a half cup of heavy cream.
 3)Give the pan a good deglazing making sure nothing sticks, then add the chicken and a tblspn of curry powder and a tspn of cumin. 



4) After this pour in about a tspn of olive oil,and roll it around the pan. Throw in the rice and most of the cilantro (leave some behind for garnish) season with salt & pepper to taste.



This is the final product,it was so good I ate the leftovers for breakfast the next day. This recipe could also be done on a crockpot, if you have more time. Also next time I think I'll grate the ginger,its kinda hard to get it chopped as fine as I like it, even still it was a really great dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up!