Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentines dinner and a raspberry icing to die for!

So yes I know that vday has come and gone but I just love this song and I had to share it with ya'll. Happy Valentines Day is Andre 3000's Valentines greeting to the world,it's cute upbeat and it makes me wanna dance,and we all know I was diagnosed with boogie fever at birth!

Every year for valentines day I cook for myself. Well this year I was so excited able to invite my friends to join me! I cooked a chicken in a crock pot!! Can you believe that? I didn't know that was even possible. Today however I'll just be showing pictures and giving the recipe for the raspberry icing. I really wanted pink icing to top of my chocolate cupcakes,and I did not want to use dye. So I found an awesome recipe that called for beet powder. Then I couldn't find it anywhere. I found some online but it would've cost me $16 to have it here in time!!! Nope,couldn't do it,thats when I stumbled upon a recipe for raspberry buttercream, here is the recipe. It wasn't quite thick enough to pipe tho,what am I doing wrong? I don't know, it was good tho.




And that's that I sprinkled some red sugar on top,and used some leftover raspberries to top them off,they're sooo yummy! Here are the other pics from the evening!



                                I made the centerpiece myself !



The crockpot chicken,scalloped potatoes,steamed grn beans and baked salmon.
                                       It's meeeee!

Be sure to join me later this week for the rest of the recipes,you won't want to miss it!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up!