Sunday, March 25, 2012

Apple Pie Bites

I, I love you like a love song baby! who doesn't love that song? It's so cute and appropriate for little girls to sing. Surely Mz. Gomez is not the best singer in the world but she carries this tune off well, and it's such a catch lil ditty!

So earlier this week I was in a baking mood,which is not uncommon for me at all.I wanted to do something with a crumb mixture but I wasn't really in the mood for cake, I decided on what I like to call apple pie bites. Little bites of apple pie. I used  my regular recipe for apple pie but I cut it in half. For the bottom crust I just used Betty crocker crust. I used a cup to make 12 perfectly round bottoms ( can we say grueling) 




Now for the crumb mixture that goes on top... I just love a good crumb mix, have I told ya'll that? anyhoooooo...
Melt a 1/4 c butter then mix it (actually I prefer to cut it with a knife)with the  following: 1/2 c sugar, 1/3 c flour,1 tblspn pumpkin spice and 1.5 tblspn cinnamon. Cut this really well.
Pre-heat the oven to 375, ration the apples into the crusts and put the crumb mixture on top.



Bake them for about 20mins and theeennnn






Yummness, make sure you spray the pan really well so that everything comes out easily.These are incredibly tasty, the whole cutting out the crusts took forever but it was really worth it! This would be nice to make for an intimate dinner party!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up!