Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Chicken Pot Pie

Today I bring to you from my hometown of Detroit, The Jones Girls. They were a singing trio from Motor City with lots of good hits. Your gonna make me Love Somebody Else is one of my favorites. Have you ever had to say that to somebody?? Yea I have to.

All those KFC commercials advertising their chicken pot pie really got me to craving some. No I haven't been to KFC in years but I did make a pot pie of my own. I did it in the crock pot,but a stock pot would work as well. I really wanted to use puff pastry as well, but I'll have you know I went to 2 stores and they were out!! Oh well the Betty Crocker crust works just fine.Here's what you'll need:






Yea I used a ton of ingredients, but its pot pie, you have to fill the pie!!

1) Turn your crock pot on high, and begin all your chopping,what joy! You'll need to chop:
2 celery stalks
1.5 potatoes
4 mushrooms (bottoms off)
3 grn onions
I really don't know how much rosemary I used..maybe 1 tblespn
1 lg chicken breast

2) Everything is chopped now dump in 2 cans of low sodium cream of mushroom and a half cup of water.
3) go ahead and pour in all other ingredients, and a half cup of frozen corn & peas. Season with 1 tblspn garlic pepper and 1 tblspn salt. Put the top on and go have a glass of wine.



4) I only cooked it for 2 hours and it was done. I turned it on low and used this time to make the crust. I blind baked the bottom layer crust, on 375 for about 10 mins, that's optional.



5) Now the pie is ready to be baked, on 375 for about 30 mins. The butter on top of the crust is optional, that's my inner Paula Deen coming out.


 Voila, a beautifully delicious pie!! The crust is buttery, flakey and just right,the filling is delicious oh and actually I made waaay to much. I have leftover  filling in my freezer, enough to make another small pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up!