Monday, March 19, 2012

Shrimp Po'boy!

In keeping with the Will Ferrell theme, today I will share with you a little ditty called Love Me Sexy this is the song he sang for the soundtrack of Semi-Pro and boy did he sang it. The lyrics are crazy hilarious, but the insanity if this song totally matched the wackiness of this movie.

After frying fish with a friend if mine a week I realized how much I love that stuff! I don't eat it often,cause it's fried, but when I do ,boy do I enjoy it! Sooo I made myself a po'boy, ya'll know I love those right? I even found some red cabbage and yummy french rolls,to accompany my masterpiece.Anywhosslebees here's what you'll need:

For the red cabbage slaw:




In a bowl, pour in just enough red wine vinegar to coat the bottom,then a tblspn and a half of spicy brown mustard and 2 pinched black pepper. Throw in the cabbage and toss,now set aside, we've got remoulade to make! 

For the remoulade sauce you'll need:
1/2 c mayo
2 tspn dill
1 tspn garlic pepper
3 shakes hot sauce 
1 pinch salt
2 tspns lemon juice
Mix this all together and set in the fridge.


Now for the shrimp:



You'll also need 2 eggs (whisked) and 10 pcs of peeled shrimp. 7 of them go in the sandwich, 3 go directly into your mouth!


1.Now that the shrimp has been peeled and ready to go whisk 2 eggs and toss the shrimp in there. Pour a cup and a fourth of vege oil into a shallow pot on medium heat.
2.Get out a big plate and combine 3/4 a c of cornmeal and half a c of flour. Now in goes the following:1 tblspn Chesapeake bay seasoning,tspn of cayenne pepper and salt, mix together really well. 
3. Now dredge your shrimp in the dry mix and put it on a plate so that all the shrimp get fried at the same time.




Now your ready to fry baby fry!!
4) The shrimp goes into the oil on med heat for about 5 mins in each side. When they are done be sure to let them drain before assembling the sandwich. I drain them on a paper bag but to each his and her own!
5. Now get that french roll cut it open and spread some of that zesty remoulade sauce on the bun,then the shrimp then the cabbage!! Now your ready to bite!



Serve it with steamed green beans....or whatever is lying around, makes for pure yumness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up!