Friday, September 30, 2011

Easy Cookie recipe

Todays song is JAM! but aren't they all.This reminds me of my father trying to teach me to rollerskate at Northland Roller rink in Southfield MI.I still can't skate to save my life.My father the smooth backwards skater would go around the rink as me and my siblings would stare in awe...No as I remember it correctly I would stare,and they'd be out there trying to learn.I haven't been skating at Northland in a good 10 yrs;but I guarantee that if you go back tomorrow during free skate hours they'll be playing Tell me by the SOS band.

Ya'll know by now that I'm not the best baker in the world. Lucky for me as i was flipping thru this months Healthy Cooking magazine I found a pretty simple recipe.I was excited that I'd get to use those cookie cutters I bought.I feel that everyone should have a good go to recipe for everything.One that's simple and easy to shake up a bit.That's what this one is,easy,fast and you can add icing or decorations to it if youd like!

Here's what you'll need:
1/4th c butter
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c brwn sugar
1 egg
2 tbspn canola oil
1/4th tspn vanilla extract
Cup & a half flour
1/4 tspn salt
1/8 tspn baking soda

1)In a large bowl beat butter & sugars till crumbly,then add egg,oil and vanilla.
2) Combine flour,salt and baking soda,then gradually add to butter & sugar mix.
(this is where I did my own thang)
The recipe will tell you to divide dough in half and blah,blah.I did not,I simply rolled out the dough,floured mu cutters and went to work.   










I lined the pan with foil then sprayed with butter.I only used 2 of the cutters,the lips and the heart.After doing this i was exhausted,it is sooo hard pulling the dough up from the surface after its been cut and getting it to the baking sheet w/out stretching it,whew! why didn't ya'll tell me this?






This what i did with the remainder of the dough,I was so done with those cookie cutters.These will bake at 350 for about 8mins. Meanwhile I prepared a simple topping for the cookies.Confectionery sugar,nutmeg and pumpkin spice.(didn't measure it)
Mix it together and after the cookies come out and they have cooled sprinkle on top.They take no time at all to cool.




Yes..I call this particular work of art,"Snow falls on Cookie city"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up!