Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Zapatista (Lincoln Park)

I was reading the red eye one morning last week,because I had finished my library books and I dont like to twiggle my thumbs on the train. I read an ad for Zapatista and was instantly intrigued. So me,myself & I made a date to have brunch their after church and befor our nail appointment. Let me tell you've it was the best date we've been on in a while! I sat outside and enjoyed the Clark street breeze then the lovely waiter brought me this






















The salsa was crazy spicy make sure you've got a nice glass of water by your side and perhaps one of these as well
















This was called the mamacita Margarita and it was $7.75 it was refreshing,sweet but still had a punch to it.You won't be tipsy after it but it ain't watered down either!Now for the main course....







I ordered the chimichanga w/chicken,no sour cream,I despise it.I also chose the tomatillo cruda salsa.It's a green salsa and not to spicy but full of flavor. Now the chimichanga was out of this world.I didn't think I was going to eat the whole thing but minus a few pieces of tortilla..and I'd do it again! It wasn't heavy on the eggs it had more chicken and just the right amount of beans.I can't wait to go back.If your ever in Chicago and in Lincoln Park,you might want to plan a trip here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up!