Saturday, July 23, 2011

Bananas Foster

I came to the conclusion that I don't have enough potassium in my diet,so I decided to eat more bananas. One morning in a rush I grabbed at a banana a bit to hard and ripped the top of the last 2. Whatever am I to do with bananas that are going brown? I fostered them,w/out rum!!Yea its possible. The cheapest rum I could find was$17.00 and I don't drink rum but maybe 2 er 3 times a year...so I couldn't justify buying it. Are you intrigued? Here's what you'll need:


1) I cut a banana and a half on the bias then on low heat 1/3th c butter and about a 1/4th c brown sugar.Keep it on low and stir slowly.
2) when it begins to curdle up pour in the fruit. After you've got the bananas nicely coated turn the heat off.


3)Pure yumness. Pour in 2 cap fulls of rum extract and stir softly.Then let the games begin!!
Everyone has a different way of serving the dish but I layered mine with chocolate cake and ice cream.

It was truly delectable and I can't wait to make it again,so how do you foster your bananas??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up!