Friday, July 8, 2011

Salmon Croquettes

DISCLAIMER: If you read my song of the day (which I hope you did and do on a regular bases,plug!) you would know that I have no internet on my home computer and truthfully I don't know when I will.Something is going on with my domain name server and it won't connect.Whats that about? anyway most of the pics you see for a while will be on my cell phone.Now lets get to gettin while the gettin is good!!

I love salmon croquettes,but I can't make them too often cause they're messy and way too delish.I might make them twice a year but I always make them for the 4th July,its just my thing.It's a really simple recipe but prepare to get your hands dirrttty.Here's what you'll need:

2 eggs

2 boxes bread crumbs with 2 packets of crumbs in them each


2 cans canned salmon


olive oil to coat


cayenne pepper

1)You need to get a big plate (I use a large charger) and dump 2 packets of the bread crumbs on the charger.

2)Now crack the eggs,beat them really well then in goes the 2 cans of salmon and a tablespn of cayenne pepper.At this point your hands are really messy but oh well its worth it.

3)Start forming them into patties,I got 10 but had they'd been smaller patties I could've gotten up to 15.After they've been pattied(is that word?) wash your hands,get a nice big frying pan,pour in about 1.5 c olive oil.Salmon croquettes absorb alot of oil,you may have to put more down.

4)Turn the pan on medium heat these dont take long to cook.I put five in at a time and cooked them on each side for about 5 mins...talk about delectable.

Yes you counted and you only see 9..I had to taste one while it was hot.Whats that in the martini glass? thats remoulade sauce a very important component in this dish. Here is the recipe for that.It's from the food network but I've made my tweaks

Remoulade:
1 1/4 cups mayonnaise (Thats to much 4th a c is fine)
1 tablespoon capers ( I just dont use these)
1 teaspoon seafood seasoning (recommended: Old Bay)
1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic (no garlic)
2 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 scallion, finely chopped

(plus)
2 tbl spns dill
1.5 tbl spns garlic pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up!