Thursday, June 23, 2011

Perfect summer salad

None of you bothered to guess my favorite food,I'm sad :(. Anyhoo its cheese,were you just about to say that? Ya I know.




Well nothing says summer to me like a delicious pasta salad and today I'll share my ultimate pasta salad recipe with you.You know it doesn't have to be summer for you to make this right?


Here's what you'll need:

+ shrimp, I used about 12 medium sized shrimps. I de-tailed them of course.


1) You'll need to make the marinade, use the whole lemon squeeze it good.1/2 c olive oil,tbl spn cayenne pepper and 2 pinches of garlic powder.


2) At this point my rigatoni had been boiling for about 10 mins. Using rigatoni isn't a must,farfalle or rotini works fine.


3) After the shrimp has been marinating for about 15 mins put it on the oven on 350 for about 10 mins. Be sure to turn all the shrimp over after about 5 mins.


4)At this point feel free to catch up on the latest episode of bridezillas,but when the shrimp is done take it of the baking pan and put it in a ramekin so it cools faster.If the pasta is done,rinse it in cold water and stick it in the fridge in the bowl you plan to serve it in.


5) Now its time to chop:

Here I've got a handful of olives cut in half, lil less than half a cucumber and a few slithers of red onion. I tend to enjoy my red onions cooked so I went light on these. Feel free to add a few more slithers. Lastly I've got some feta and Parmesan cheese.


6) Now the pasta is already in the bowl so add some olive oil & adobo seasoning to it and stir,then add the cheese,olives,onions and cucumber's. Lastly the shrimp goes in.Toss it real well,key is to make sure the bowl is big enough to toss well. The final product should look like this:

<----- that right there is pure yumness,and I'll be having the leftovers tonight! Ok kiddies tomorrow is my bday so if you don't hear from me for awhile I'm recovering from,tapas,the winery,drinking,dancing and drinking. Have a good wknd! I damn sure will!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up!