Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Eggplant lasagna

In my recent attempts to eat less carbs,I've been susbstituting all types of things for pasta. I know i sound crazy and obsessed but I eat pasta like its going out of style.There was a time about a yr ago where I was eating up to 4 times a week;and having bread along with it.My plan is to only eat pasta if I'm out at a restaurant,other than that I'd like to eliminate it from my home.I'm already doing really well cutting back on bread & potatoes oh and rice to. No I will not eat brown rice,won't do it,uh-uh.Last nite I made a lasagna-less lasagna.Gather up the following:





Now let us begin:


1)Obviously the spinach & eggplant have been washed.Slice the eggplant about .5 inches thick then brush both sides w/olive oil & garlic pepper. Put them in the oven on 375 for about 12mins. 6 mins in flip them.


2)Watch Oprahs pentultimate final episode,have a glass of white zin.When this goes off start ur prep work.


3)Cube up 3 large chicken tenders,2 grn onions,a 3rd of a bell pepper and a sm block of white sharp aged cheddar(yea baby make it cheeeeesy!!)Oh and grab 2 handfuls of pre-shredded cheddar.


4) In a large pan on medium heat put in the meat & onions,when the meat is halfway cooked pour in about a cup and a 3rd of prego sauce. Season the meat w/ salt & chili powder.After the meat is cooked turn the heat dwn to low.


5)From here its the dumping game...meaning it doesn't matter what order things go in as long as they all go!


6) Once its all in season with a pinch of basil & oregano( I like basil in my spinach,always)a teaspoon of salt and a table spoon 0f herbs de provence.


7) line your baking pan with 4 peices of eggplant then ladle in the spinach mixture then layer it with shredded cheese & the w.cheddar.Do this once more then put it on the oven on 400 for 12 mins.



When it comes out it shall be a beaute like this:

: It was pure yumness,the eggplant so soft and cheesy,all the iron I got from the spinach,made me Pop-eye strong!After I analyzed this recipe I realized that it was not as healthy as I had originally intented it to be because of the cheese intake. So yada yada yada you get my point..use less cheese,ok!

































No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up!