Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Why I love Ina Garten

It's a snow day!!! Yes I'm relaxing at home. This has been my first snow day since I was about...16.I am really enjoying it.Now all I need is Raheem Devaughn to come sing to me,and drink hot chocolate with me. If you don't know who is check out the song if the day. Do you guys read that or am I really only doing it for myself?LOL.

Today kick's off the 3 part series I'm doing on my 3 favorite food channel personalities. We're starting with Ina Garten because she's #1. I wanna be her when I grow up,hehehe. I love how she's always entertaining, and having friends over. Not only does she do the cooking but she usually does her own decorating,for her soiree's. Now that's a domestic diva, that's what I aspire to. Ina is so welcoming and such a people person.When you watch her show you feel as if she is welcoming you personally into her home. She always cooks different varieties of food. Her show isn't just focused on one type of food.


One of the things I like the most is her interaction with her hubby Jeffrey. They are too cute! She is always so excited to cook for him and him just as excited to eat. The great thing about here is that she never had any formal training most of what she knows has been learned through cookbooks. I love this because everybody (me) does not have money to go to culinary school; and if you already have a degree that makes it even harder to get loan and scholarship money...but that's a rant for another time.

While she may not have gone to culinary school,she's a smart cookie. She has an MBA from George Washington University and she was flipping houses (in my 2nd fav part of DC, Dupont Circle) using that money to purchase her store The Barefoot Contessa in 1978. Be sure to tune in next wk for the continuation of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up!