Sunday, January 30, 2011

Chicken philly

I don't eat any red meat and my parents were not experimental cooks so until last year I had never had a philly of any type. There's a place called CJ's grill in Rogers Park and they have the BEST chicken phillys.They are insanely greasy!! I could wring out the fries with paper towel,and they would still taste greasy. This a a little grill I stumbled upon coming back from the movies with my them boyfriend.It was late and we wanted to try something new,ohhh it is so goood.

Oh and when I bought the hoagie rolls they came in a pack of 6,and I know your on the edge of your seat wondering what I did with all that leftover bread....I made enough garlic bread to last for at least 4 months.Melted down a few tble sp's of butter and a little more than enough olive oil to coat the pan.Seasoned with minced garlic,Parmesan and herbs de provence.I brushed it on the bread and froze it.But I've digressed..

I decided to make my own rendition of the sandwich. I like to cook it on my griddle because it makes me feel like I'm a chef in a food truck!!Crazy I know LOL.

Ingriedients:
*White Cheddar 3 slices

*Bell peppers & onion a few slices of each
*2 mushrooms
*3 chicken breast cutlets
(I had enough chicken and mushroom mixture leftover for another sandwich)

1)Slice up peppers, onions and season with salt, pepper and olive oil.Put them in the oven on 375 for 15-20 mins.

2)Clean mushrooms and be sure to pat them dry.If you have freakishly large shrooms like I did,cut them in half.
3)Cut the chicken on a bias,then wash your hands(its very important).
4) Turn the griddle onto 400 and slather olive oil evenly upon griddle.
5)Put shrooms on griddle,after they've been on for about 5 mins add the meat.Season it with salt,pepper and chili powder.

Before After about 12 mins(cooked for 15 in total)

After this the only thing left to do is make and chow! I cut the ends off my bun because the bun is really bready and ya'll know I have a thing about carbs...
Anyhoo I toasted the bread on the griddle, I probably should've toasted it in the oven because the cheese was melty enough for me. Here's the final product,it was good but not greasy.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up!