Sunday, February 27, 2011

My Dinner Party

Whew my hangover is official gone! It was really great night,we had sooo much fun.It was a really nice intimate party.It was not over till 345 in the am!! If your curious about the menu you can read this post :http://chicagosdomesticdiva.blogspot.com/2011/02/dinner-party.html

Luckily this wasn't a very labor intensive menu for me,but there was alot if prepping and chopping to do. For the spinach salad I kinda put my spin on Ree Drumonds The Pioneer Woman recipe.Here it is :http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/06/the-best-spinach-salad-ever/
Well I of course had to remix it a bit.I didnt cook onions,didn't use bacon or mushrooms, and I didn't cook the dressing. This is what I used:

+3 squirts of lemon juice

I think it turned out pretty well.


Onto the potatoes,they're really quite simple: 3 cloves of garlic & soup spoon full of rosemary
I just threw it into the blender,its so much quicker


I think I used about 9 redskin potatoes,along with garlic and rosemary I used dill,salt, pepper & olive oil.I sprayed the cookie sheet (lined with foil) with butter,dumped the potatoes on the sheet pan,pour the olive oil mix on top,make sure everything is evenly coated.Put them in the oven on 375 for 35 mins and thats that.After they come out I top them with parmesan,that's optional but you know I love cheese.

Roasted potatoes along side grilled eqqplant & squash.
Yes I grilled eggplant and squash...and it was a little time consuming. Delicious but a bit much. I think I should tell you this was my first time cooking squash ever in life,and I think I did all right. I started with this simple marinade:
1) 1/2 cup olive oil
2) 1 cup of vege oil
3)1/2 cup of salt
4)chili powder to taste
5)basil to taste
I used to eggplants and 2 squash's. Chop them up thin but not paper thin.The eggplant is like a sponge and takes longer to cook so be sure not to cut it too thick.


These took a while to cook,but its worth it.I can't wait until summer comes so I can try this same thing outside.You just cook them on both sides then put them in a pyrex pan and sprinkle with feta.They go in the oven for about 10mins on 350,and that's that.

Onto the salmon.This is a recipe I just made up a few yrs ago.I just wanted to try something new and I would up with this...and this is all you need:
1)salmon
2)bell pepper
3)cilantro
4)cayenne pepper
5)salt

In the oven on 375 for 20mins Chopped and ready to go.


Lastly there was dessert.I made a blueberry lb cake w/blueberries and vanilla yogurt. It was good and took all of 5 mins to assemble. After looking at it I realized I should have used a thicker cake,maybe sponge and I shouldv'e used yogurt, and thats why we have dinner parties so we know what not to do next time.


maybe more cake too....

Event Design...yeah I know its only a dinner party but every event must have a design dears!

Now for the action shots!!

Yours truly!

Life of the party!

Life of the party's mom serenading us w/some earth wind and fire!

I don't know what he was doing, I don't even remember who took this,was it me?

I think we had finally gotten it right,its kinda hard to look alive after we've had been popping bottles all night.Oh yeah life of the party took this! He's a photographer when he's not at head start.

I looove this pic its so sweet,isn't it?






















No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up!