Friday, April 6, 2012

Lunch W/a friend Pt.1

Well it's Good Friday and I can't think of a better song to play for ya'll. Nobody,nobody sings Mary Don't you Weep like Aretha Franklin. The song needs no introduction, just listen.

Last week I had a friend over for a spot of lunch. I wanted something light but of sustenance but not a sunday meal. I decided to make my own sangria (for the first time) ahi tuna sandwiches, pasta salad and brownies. Today we will just focus on the sangria and the sandwiches.

Ok so after scouring the net for random red wine sangria recipes I kinda would up making my own. Does this surprise you? It shouldn't ya'll know I like to remix everything. Here is what you'll need to hunt and gather:




I used a standard sized carafe filled 3/4ths with Shiraz then in went the grapes (1/2 c) and 4,5 slices of orange. Then cut half the pear into chunks and toss it in. Then in goes about 1c of the pomegranate juice. Stir this very well then put it in the fridge ASAP. If you'd like freeze the grapes for about an hour then put them in the drink.



It turned out really well, you can barely see or taste the grapes and that pisses me off but it was really tasty..Now it's sandwich time.

If you watched my previous post you'll know that I've only cooked tuna once in my life prior to last week, but I can't wait to do it more often. I marinated it just for a few hours and boy that made a hell of difference. For the marinade you'll need:

1 tblspn lemon juice
1 tblspn herb salt ( ground really well)
2 tblspns olive oil

Mix all of this very well and put in a ziploc bag along with the tuna and set it in the fridge for about 3 hrs.
1)When you get ready to cook it, get a non stick pan on med heat and pour in a cap full of olive oil. 
2) the tuna only needs to be cooked on each side for about 4 mins



Before....



after.... yes this is just one steak cut in half!!
As far as the bread goes I just got a french roll toasted it slightly and rubbed herbed butter all over it, and the inside as well.



We will cover everything else next week. But how's this for a light lunch?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up!