Thursday, April 12, 2012

Cheddar Biscuits

Sweet sticky thing by the Ohio Players is a song that has eluded me for years. Meaning I grew up listening to them, my grandparents had their records. This particular song I didn't quite come to understand until recently. Even now I can only make out the chorus of the song...but I've gotten a pretty good feel for this tune. Sexual, but not overtly, cute but never cutesy. My kinda song.

Wanna hear a story? Here is goes. One Sunday afternoon I was sitting home and had a hunkering for cheddar biscuits. What was I to do? The nearest Red Lobster is a whopping 8 mins away and I didn't feel like losing my parking space. I did what I had to do and I made them myself, and man were they good! The recipe is from Betty Crockers Best Loved recipes.


2 c Bisquick Original baking Mix ( I didn't have it I used krusteaz pancake mix)
2/3 c milk
1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese ( Used a cup, cause I have an addiction)
1/4 c butter
1/4 tspn garlic powder ( more like a tblespn and a half, also I used pepper not powder)

1)Heat oven to 450

2) Mix baking mix, milk and cheese to make soft dough.(I added garlic pepper)Mix well and drop onto ungreased cookie sheet. (I greased it)

3) Bake for about 10mins. Mix butter and remaining garlic pepper ( about half a tblspn) and brush onto biscuits.




The pancake mix was really something I tried on a whim and it worked!




It goes with any breakfast really well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up!