Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Cheese & herb loaf

If ever there was a country diva who could sing her ass off its Faith Hill,love,love her.I've always been a fan of her Breathe is quite simply everything to me.It's very hard to describe it really has soo many meanings...its just pure awesomeness Faith Hill at her best.

So today were talking about cheese and herb bread.What had happened was I went to Michaels and they were having this awesome sale and I got a cute lil loaf pan for a single dollar.Oh yea I got a bunch of other stuff to!!I say that to say I got home and thought "I'd like to use this loaf pan,like right now". Just as I was going to thumb thru some of the apps on my iphone I had another thought " oh my poor cookbooks have been abandoned,I don't use them as much as I used to". I went a found one of my very first cookbooks and found a great recipe for cheese herb muffin...then I remixed it!! Wanna hear it,here it goes,here's what you'll need:

1 tspn rosemary
1 tspn basil
2 eggs
1/2c milk or quarter of a c heavy cream
1/2 c cubed cheddar or colby
1&1/2 c flour
4 tblspns butter
1 tspn paprika
2 tspn baking powder
2 tblspns sugar


Now students lets begin!
1)Sift together dry ingredients +herbs.The rosemary should be roughly chopped,DO NOT mince it,you will not get the correct flavor.


2)Melt butter then combine wet ingredients.Add wet to dry then stir until just moistened.


 It will look like this,dip your finger in it...ya'll know you want to!













3)Grease loaf pan or cupcake liners,pre-heat oven to 350.

4)Spoon a portion of the mixture in to the pan,then scatter about 7,8 pcs of cheese on then spoon on more of the mixture.













5) Now the oven is preheated all you have to do is put these in and wait for 20-25 mins.I'll need a bigger muffin pan,these loaf puffed up quite beautifully.
PS. If your making muffins it makes about 10!

It's really good,rub the outside of it with herb butter,just do it!I can't wait to make more for Xmas! On that note happy holidays to all of you my sister will be in town soon so it will be a while before I'm back blogging! Not to worry,I can't wait to tell you all about my Christmas duck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up!