Thursday, November 3, 2011

Sweet potato & Chocolate Chip Scones

So I've got 2 songs today...well just 1 song but two different renditions of it.Love Me in a Special way was originally done by the DeBarge's in the 80's and it will forever go down as a classic.11 yrs ago Tamia did it over on her album and she really sang this I mean she claimed this song as her own. I really don't know which one I like better,what about you?


Ok I did my intro to this post via vlog you can watch it here .


So lets get down to business:


1c flour
2 tspns baking powder
3/4 c sugar (granulated)
1 c mashed sweet potato
3 tblspns melted & cooled butter
1 tspn nutmeg
1 c choc chips


1)Cut potato in half and put it in the oven on 400 for about 40 mins,then sift flour,b.powder,salt,nutmeg & sugar.
2)After potato comes out of the oven let cool for about 20 mins then mash the potato and add in the butter,mash well.
3)Add dry ingriedients to mix and fold in choc chips
4) Spray a baking sheet with butter and pre-heat the oven to 400.Form the dough in your desired shape,and place upon baking sheet.
























5)Bake on 400 for about 15-18mins.Ok heres where I messed up.I left them in for about 22 mins cause I thought the tops were a tad under done...my bad the bottoms were slightly burnt,damn! In spite of that they were actually quite yummers!!












Here's the finished product,they werent to hard to make.The dough did not come together like I thought it would at all. I really had to form it with my hands,but I like making them and eating them! Would I make them again? yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up!