Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Stuffed Shell Casserole

Hey yall,I was recently watching one of those soul story's on VH1 soul and it happened to be Brian McKnights story. It then occurred to me as much as like Mr.McKnight I've never posted any of his music here.Soooo this week is Brian McKnight week,I'll be posting his music for a week,or however long I feel like it!
This song is from his Xmas album Bethlehem,here is  Home for the Holidays 

Recently I was reading a post on foodbuzz where someone had made a stuffed shells casserole;that reminded me how much I love stuffed shells,I hadn't made them in a while and never as a casserole.So here goes...Here's what you'll need:

2 cloves garlic (minced)
3 grn onions (chopped)
1 chicken breast (chopped small)
Salt
Pepper
Basil
Olive oil
Pasta Sauce
1/2 c parmesan,romano & asiago cheeses
5 or 6 sm slices  w.cheddar cheese
2 cups spinach (after its cooked down)
13 jumbo shells

Did ya get all that??

1.Spinach is sauteed w/grn onions,basil & salt,meanwhile pasta is boiling.
2.After the spinach has been cooked,take it out,drain and cook the chicken and garlic in the same pan,season w/salt & peppa.
3.Now you can get ready to assemble! You basically want to spoon out the spinach and chicken and put and equal amount in the shells.


It shall look like this















Then you put on the the white cheddar(pre-heat that oven to 400)














Then on goes the sauce,and the rest of the cheese.You can use any sauce you'd like I used some homemade I had left over.Now you bake this on 400 for about 12mins and BAM!








I ate mine w/a dinner roll slathered in garlic butter because hi I'm a carboholic! Next time I think I'll stuff them with chorizo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up!