Thursday, November 10, 2011

Sweet Potato Biscuits

I don't know how many of you are familiar with the rapper Heavy D,but I grew up jammin to Heavy D & the boys. Unfortunately he died this week at the age of 44,I still don't quite know how he passed...but in tribute I will be playing my two favorite Heavy D songs.You know he was one of the few rappers who really uplifted women and that's always good to hear.
Now That we found Love and Black Coffee

So I still had a sweet potato in my fridge from when I made sweet potato scones last week..er whenever. I wanted to do something different something breakfastish.I decided to make sweet potato biscuits,I used a Paula Deen recipe with alterations as usual.Here is the recipe add to this,2 tspns of cinnamon and I used heavy whipping cream instead of milk because its what I had,bam!

Heres what you'll need:
The recipe will tell you to put the potato in the oven which is fine,but I did not.I boiled it then mashed it.

 This is what it looked like after I cut in the butter,is it supposed to look this way or should I have kept going?

Then I formed it into this,rolled it out and used a heart cookie cutter,to cut out the shapes.

 Going in the oven!
Its feeding time!
 I just brushed the tops w/butter after they came out.Aren't they cute.Now let me tell the 2 issues I have with this recipe(you already knew it was coming!) Ok the recipe says they are supposed to be fluffy...ummm do these look fluffy at all to you??No they are not.Also I hate to say this,but they're bland,they just are. The sweet potato gives a nice flavor but it needs a lil more somethin.I did put an extra tblspn of sugar in and the cinnamon,maybe some pumpkin spice? I"ll be experimenting with them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up!