Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Easy Peach Cobbler

Hubba,hubba I still don't have my AC cord,but much like the beat the blog must go on.Hello all and happy new year!Does anybody do new yr's resolutions anymore?I dont but I am making a conscience effort to stop eating as many carbs....right after I finish the peach cobbler I made,which I gave half of away.I usually make myself and end of the yr peach cobbler.Its easy and its become of one of my turn to recipes.This was interesting for me because I dont really measure anything,I'm very visual.I broke out the measuring cups just for you guys.Here it goes:





You will need:


  • 2cans of 13oz Del monte peaches

  • dash of maple syrup

  • 1/2 TSP of nutmeg

  • 1/2 TSP of cinnamon


  • 1/8th TSP of pumpkin spic


  • 2 healthy TBS of sugar





Dump the peaches in to a pot (dutch oven if you have one,feel free to send me one cause I don't have one).Stir in the spices it does not matter what order.When the peaches began to bubble turn the heat off,remove it from the eye and let simmer.You can then began to work on the crust







For the crust I use the Betty Crocker crust that comes in a box and you can just add 1/3 cup of cold water to it.Recently I was watching Jamie Oliver make pot pie and he said that your not supposed to move the cutting board as you roll the dough just keep moving the dough and it really works.












Once you've gotten the crust rolled as you desire,and you have but your bottom layer of crust down; use a slotted spoon to put the peaches in the pan.Then put the top layer of crust on.I also sprinkle a sugar on top and a few dollops of butter,to really make sure its that perfect brown!

After it has baked at 400 degrees for about 40mins it should look like this:I'm still working on the lattice,but I'm almost there

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up!