Saturday, January 15, 2011

Turkey meatballs

I have only made meatballs maybe..2wice in my life and Thursday I was just in a meatball mood.The last time I made meatballs I baked them and I wasn't exactly pleased with the outcome.They were really tiny and lacked in flava.Yes they had flavor just not enough flava! After looking online at a few recipes I came up with my own:
*2 sm. pieces of asiago cheese bread (Panera has the best)
*Pinch of cayenne and black pepper & salt
*1.26 lb of turkey

*1 TBS of finely grated parmesan.
* 1 egg
* Generous pinches of basil,oregano,herbs de provence (1/2 TBS)
Because of the asiago cheese bread and the parmesan you hardly need salt.Mix it altogether,be sure all the seasonings are well incorporated.
You can roll them into any size you like,I got about 15 nicely sized meatballs.

*On medium heat pour enough vegetable oil to cover the bottom of the saute pan.
*Put the balls in and turn them as they begin to cook,so that each side cooks evenly.

*When they're halfway done cooking start to drain some of the excess oil out with a spoon.
*Then turn the heat down to low-medium and pour in the sauce,if you don't turn the heat down first the sauce will SPLATTER!
*Let the meatballs simmer in the sauce for 20 mins and devour!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up!