Thursday, January 27, 2011

Eat this not that(worst sandwiches)

I loooove eating this and not that! I really love this articles because author David Zinczenko is able to really break this meals/sandwich's down for the reader and explain to us what were really doing to our body.

Here is the article that I stumbled upon :http://health.yahoo.net/experts/eatthis/worst-sandwiches-america
I've always walked away from his articles feeling enlightened,but this one imparticular struck a chord with me,let me tell you why my friends.
I grew up eating....food that was less than desirable. It wasn't that that my parents were bad cooks,cause they weren't,but my dad was a health food freak.So for lunch I would have sprouts & mayo sandwich(that's the health food brand mayo),peanut butter& sprouts,peanut butter & honey...I really could go on and on but for fear that your already vomiting I'll stop. By the time I was 13 I had begun buying my own lunches when I wanted to,and disposing of the..well you know.. Henceforth began my quest of finding a healthy sandwich that was not completely gross. One of my fav home made sandwich's is 2 pc's of rye bread hummus on 1 slice toasted with melted mozzarella.3 slices of grilled eggplant,some grilled bell peppers and onions,not too much and 3 slices of turkey!! It's loaded right? I know and that's the way I like it,uh huh uh huh.

When you read this article I want you to keep in mind that the average adult should have no more than 2,300 Mg's of sodium per day.Something else that interesting about these articles...why is The Cheesecake Factory always on the list and usually always #1? I almost hate to scroll down to the bottom whenever I read one of these articles because I know whats coming.I like that restaurant but I don't go very often,so that's ok right?Tell me what are some of your fav home made sandwiches? be sure and check back this weekend for the making of one of my new found fav's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up!