Sunday, May 6, 2012

Forte Gallery Event Pt. 1

Do you guys remember that group 4 Non Blondes? I only remember this one song called What's goin on?
Did they have any other songs? I dunno, well I've always like the individuality of this group and the power in their voices

Last weekend I catered an event at a cute little gallery in Bucktown. You'll have to forgive me because I didn't take hardly any pics of the process, but I'll be back later this week with the finished product pics.
Here's what I made:
Sweet Sticky thang- slowcooked bbq chicken & grn onions baked in a wonton wrapper then brushed with a "secret sauce" I can't reveal whats in the sauce, if I do ppl will come to your door and audit you!!

Scone from down home- a sweet potato chocolate chunk scone, you can check out the recipe here.

Southwestern Spin- A southwestern salad with all the trimmings and a homemade dressing w/ cilantro,crushed red pepper,olive oil,salt and garlic pepper 

Medi melt sliders- an eggplant slider with mozzarella, roasted basiled eggplant and peppers. 
Here are the few pics I did take:





The chicken only cooked for about 3.5 hrs



Aww that dressing was sooo good!



RIght befor the eggplant went it, it bakes on 350 for about 10 mins.
Be sure and meet me back here later this week to see all the final photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up!