Friday, July 13, 2012

My time in New Orleans

I LOOOOOVVVEEE  this song. El Debarge did it on his album Second Chance, and he did a slightly different version for the movie Jumping the broom. Here
is what he did for the movie. This rendition has less instruments and background and more pure El, and I love it. It is a great choice for a wedding song.

I went to visit the Big Easy last weekend!! Thats right I was in New Orleans, saw a little bit of the Essence Music Fest and ate alot of great food. The weather down there is CRAZY. 3 times that weekend it rained like a torrential downpour, than minutes later it was perfectly sunny. I did not like that at all. In spite of that I had a really great time, I even got up and sang at a jazz club! Do you believe it? Here's my weekend in pictures:





We Went on a boat cruise,(in the pouring rain) and saw some of the more popular New Orleans sights. The bottom picture is me and my sister, I'm not going to New Orleans alone!




Saturday night we visited Maison Bourbon Jazz club, this is where I sang at. Bourbon street, was even more crowded than I thought, fuuulll of ppl, oh we had a hurricaine to, and it was awesome.




Have I ever talked to you about my love for beignets?? well I love them. This picture was taken at cafe DuMonde a very popular spot in N'awlins. They weren't to greasy but perfectly delicious.




Of course we had to visit the epic restaurant Mothers. It did not dissapoint. I had a salty but strong bloody mary and the fried catfish po'boy. We did have to wait outside for about 10mins but it was worth it.



This is a banans foster bread pudding and damn! it was sooo good. Me and my sister split it and neither of us had ever encountered a bananas foster with a crust  but it was tasty!



Isn't this amazing? I didn't buy this but I bought two of the artists paintings. I met the artists as he sells the paintings himself, I can't wait to hang them.

Well that was my weekend, a great little city full of culture and scrumptious food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up!