Thursday, January 5, 2012

Deep Fried Cornish Hen!

I absolutely loooove this song.This song accurately interprets one of the many problems in my last relationship. The Woman Before Me  by Trisha Yearwood must be at least 20yrs old but man it is in my opinion a standard.I remember singing this song when it first came out and really not understanding it....boy how things have changed now.

Soooo I deep fried a cornish hen!! It came out so wonderfully delicious.No it wasnt too healthy but it was tasty and pretty easy to make. Here's what you'll need:
The cornish hen will need to be defrosted completely.You'll need:

4 tblespns herbed sea salt
2 "         " paprika
1 "           "crushed red pepper
1/2 c olive oil
Combine all this in a mortar and pestle it until it resembles a rub....Can you really pestle something?? I dunno.Make sure to stir slightly with a spoon to make sure the oil is incorporated.
Put the hen in a ziploc bag then spoon some of the rub onto the hen.Rub the rub(hehehe) onto the hen,not with your hands use the bag.


Put this in the fridge and allow it to marinate for at least 8 hrs........


Now its time to fry our dinner! I didn't measure how much mazola I used but I think it was about 5 c's. 2 very important things you have to consider;1st thing is that you need enough oil to cover the hen,2nd thing is the oil will rise when you put the hen in,so have a pot thats big and deep enough so that the oil doesn't splash and in turn kill you/burn the house down.


I turned the eye on med heat and let the oil get hot for about 10 mins before I even put the bird in.
Clearly I didn't use enough oil,as the bird is not submerged. Thats ok,I fried it on each side for 6 mins,and it came out like this:
When the hen comes out brush the remaining rub onto the bird. Handle it with tongs as it is very hot.

The remains,the lovely beautiful remains.You know as much as I dont like to fry anything ever,this maybe one of my fav recipes,I think I may do this for my next dinner party,hmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up!